The Best Green Tea Frappuccino Recipes
Green Tea Frappucino Recipes
Ever since Starbucks introduced their frappuccino line of drinks in 1995, these beverages have become extremely popular. Made from a blend of base ingredients and ice, usually topped with whipped cream, one of their most popular drinks is the green tea frappuccino. Instead of being based on coffee, green tea frappuccino recipes start with matcha, the traditional Japanese green tea powder, and add harmonious flavors to make for a smooth, delicious drink. Green tea has been shown to have excellent health benefits, and doesn’t have the overly harsh buzz that coffee can sometimes deliver.
But buying these drinks at Starbucks or your favorite coffee shop can be expensive. Below are 5 of our favorite green tea frappucino recipes that you can simply and easily make at home yourself!
Starbucks Copycat Green Tea Frappuccino
- Plenty of ice cubes enough to fill your glass
- 1 generous scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1 dash of pure vanilla extract (1/8 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons of powdered green tea powder (matcha)
- 1 cup (240ml) of milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1 tiny pinch of Xanthan gum, optional
- In your blender, add all the ingredients.
- Using the pulse setting, blend until perfectly smooth.
- Add whipped cream on top, if desired.
Note: the Xanthan gum serves as a stabilizer and thickener, but can leave your drink tasting somewhat gummy if you use too much. If your frappuccino comes out too soupy, try reducing the amount of ice.
Low Fat Green Tea Frappuccino
This recipe from Daily Delights is great for those looking to enjoy the creamy goodness of a green tea frappucino while cutting back on extra calories.
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon green tea powder (matcha)
- 4-6 drops liquid Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Torani sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 1 cup low-fat milk OR soy, almond, or coconut milk
- 8 ice cubes
- In a bowl, mix the boiling water with matcha geen tea powder until the powder is completely dissolved
- Add stevia drops and stir until thoroughly mixed in
- Pour the mixture into your blender
- Add milk and once ice cube
- Pulse for a few seconds, and then continue to add ice cubes one at a time
- Serve while still cold
Drink and Enjoy!
Coconut Matcha Green Tea Frappuccino
Desire to Eat adds a bit of tropical flavor to your green tea frappucino recipe as a fun new twist on the original.
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 drops pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1/2 cup of pre-chilled coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of green tea powder (matcha)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (room temperature) for topping
- Mix the matcha green tea powder with the water.
- Pulse all ingredients minus the topping until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk the 1 cup of room-temperature coconut milk until it looks like whipped cream.
- Place the whipped coconut milk in a piping bag, and add to top of drink. Sprinkle a little extra matcha powder on top for aesthetic appeal.
Savor and enjoy! Mmm.
Non-Dairy Green Tea Frappuccino
For those of you trying to avoid dairy, The Hallmark Channel provides this excellent recipe that lets you savor the creamy goodness of a green tea frappuccino with no milk products necessary:
- 2 cups of non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut
- Whipped rice or soy cream
- 1 pinch/drop of Stevia or 1 squirt of agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons of powdered green tea (matcha)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in a blender
- Freeze overnight or else add ice
Drink and enjoy!
Skinny Green Tea Frappuccino
Great for anyone who loves the Starbucks original but wants to enjoy it at half the price and calories! Check out this gem from Spark Recipes.
- 4 ounces of fat-free milk
- 8 ice cubes
- 3 teaspoons of Splenda
- 1 ounce of warm water
- 1/3 teaspoon of green tea powder (matcha)
- Mix the matcha green tea powder with the warm water until completely dissolved.
- Add all in the ingredients to your blender.
- Use the pulse setting until the ice is crushed and drink is completely smooth
Serve and enjoy!