Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the entire world, after water. It’s no wonder that indigenous peoples and wisdom cultures have been enjoying the incredible benefits of tea since its discovery. Beyond drinking your tea, there are many ways to reap the benefits of this miraculous plant, like taking a detoxifying green tea bath, making a DIY green tea mask for a facial boost, cooking with tea leaves or using tea leaves for aromatherapy.
Special Offer from MatchaSecrets
Get 30g of Premium Matcha Green Tea Powder
$40 $24.99!! + FREE SHIPPING!
Perfect for Smoothies, Energy Drinks, Baking, Brewing & More.
==> Click Here to Buy Premium Matcha Powder Now! <==
While Supplies Last!
Green tea has a variety of benefits, one of them being that it can help you lose weight. Drinking tea boosts your energy and fills you up, giving you that extra edge of drive and determination needed to hit the gym, go for that early morning run or engage in an after-work yoga session to calm the mind and center yourself at the end of the day.
In order to get the most out of green tea, I’ll cover some of the basic benefits and then share with you a few of my favorite green tea teatox recipes to help you lose weight, feel energized and find your zen.
Benefits of Matcha and Green Tea
- Detoxifies, cleanses, and restores the body on a cellular level.
- Packed full of antioxidants that help fight cancer, common cold and flu symptoms and other dangerous diseases.
- Contains an abundance of natural, essential oils that are released upon contact with hot water and absorbed into the body upon consumption.
- Full of vitamins and polyphenols that work to ward off harmful bacterias, rid your body of cell-damaging free radicals, and rebuild the body’s molecular structure to bring a multitude of incredible benefits to the body such as reducing signs of aging, restoring balance, and boosting and strengthening the immune system.
- Increases energy levels.
- Enhances ability to concentrate and remain focused.
- Helps you cut back on the caffeine – 1 cup of green tea has half the amount of caffeine as a cup of black coffee.
- L-theanine, that is present in all forms of tea, especially in green and white teas, is more slowly absorbed by the body than the caffeine that is present in a cup of black coffee. This results in a calmer and clearer delivery of energy to the body and the mind as opposed to an immediate caffeine “buzz” followed by a caffeine “crash” that some people experience from a cup of coffee.
Green Tea TeaTox Recipes
Like I said, there are many great ways to detoxify, energize and tone the body besides just “drinking” your tea. Here are a few of my favorite recipes for looking and feeling great!
Something to Drink: Green Tea, Lavender and Hibiscus TeaTox
Use 1 tsp of matcha for every 8 ounces of hot water. Your goal for a total system flush should range between 14 to 21 days where you aim to consume 64 ounces (2000 ml) of water each day, half of which should be tea.
- 2 tsp Matcha green tea
- 1 tsp dried hibiscus flowers (for an added boost of Vitamin C and immunity)
- 1 tsp dried lavender flowers (for relaxation and stress relief)
Add 32 ounces of hot water (180 degrees) and whisk the matcha quickly (or use a blender as shown above). Crush the hibiscus and lavender and addd it to the tea. Run the tea through a sifter. Alternatively, you can add the whole pieces of the dried hibiscus and lavender to your cup, leave for a few moments and fish them out before consuming.
This recipe is also really nice consumed cold, as an iced tea. To make it even sweeter, add some raw honey.
Something to Dive Into: Detoxifying and Balancing Bath
Combine the following ingredients into a bowl, mix and pour under a stream of running hot water, directly into the bath:
- 1 tsp Bentonite Clay
- ½ c oatmeal
- 1 tbsp Sencha green tea leaves
- 1 tsp Rosehips
- 2 to 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 cup Epsom Salt
- *Add your favorite soap for an added lather and an abundance of bubbles!
Bathe for 20 to 30 minutes! Breathe deeply.
Since Matcha is gaining so much popularity as its benefits are (finally!) being discovered and utilized, there are many ways to buy Matcha. One of the easiest ways, however, is to buy it online and have it shipped directly to your house. Try our MatchaSecrets offerings!
Do you plan on trying a teatox? Let us know in the comment section below!